Are you dealing with persisting pain or recovering from an injury? Your therapist may suggest combining physiotherapy with acupuncture to promote a faster recovery process. Getting a blend of physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga can really cover all the bases for your physical health.
Physical therapy works on building strength, stamina, and stability, while acupuncture therapy tackles pain. In physiotherapy, there are no quick fixes. Alternative therapies treat you as a whole and not just the symptoms, offering you a long term relief.
Keep reading to know more!
Physiotherapy & Acupuncture: Definition
Physiotherapy involves using exercises, manual therapy, and education to restore movement, function, and overall well-being. Acupuncture therapy is a traditional Chinese practice involving inserting thin needles into specific points on the body to alleviate pain, treat various health conditions, and promote overall well-being.
If you’re someone dealing with long-term pain or recovering from an injury, it might be worth checking out a healthcare provider who offers both physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga.
Physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga
Physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga can go hand in hand. Many professionals, as is the case at Heartland Physiotherapy, use acupuncture in the field of physiotherapy to treat various ailments: back pain, contractures, sprains, joint inflammations, etc. And acupuncture helps stimulate the central nervous system, releasing natural chemicals (such as endorphins), which alter the body’s systems and pain.
Therefore, combining physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga can impact the body in the following way –
- Stimulates the conduction of electromagnetic signals that help combat pain;
- Activates the body’s natural Opioids system, helping to reduce pain and even induce fatigue;
- Stimulates both the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland;
- Changes the secretion of neurotransmitters and Neuro-hormones, influencing brain chemistry.
Issues physiotherapy & chiropractic care address
By combining physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga you can treat –
- Injuries related to sports;
- Motor vehicle accident injuries;
- Bad posture
- Persisting pain
- Specific medical conditions
- Muscle pull and tear
- Joint pain
- Nervous pain
Group of people restricted from both practices
While physiotherapy and acupuncture are generally safe, well-tolerated, and beneficial for many, there are specific scenarios or conditions where caution or restrictions may apply.
- People with certain severe conditions, such as acute fractures, severe cardiovascular issues, infections, or specific neurological conditions, might need adjustments in their physiotherapy treatments.
- Acupuncture may not be recommended for individuals with bleeding disorders, or individuals with pacemakers due to the use of needles and potential interference with electronic devices.
Always consult with a healthcare expert before combining physical therapy and acupuncture services in Mississauga. Call Heartland Physiotherapy now! Our experts will leave no stone unturned.