About heartland Physiotherapy
Heartland Physiotherapy is proudly owned and operated by Professionals. Our focus is to provide the Physiotherapy care to our clients with combine of standard Physiotherapy approach and experienced staff. We added home Physiotherapy service to our clients who unable to visit the Clinic. Always our mission is your Health better through Physiotherapy.
Our Therapist follow Evidence based practice, will assess first through posture, range of motion and some special test and out come measures to identify the root cause of the problem, then develop the Exercise based treatment plan to work with the client for following treatment session. We cover major insurances, also treat MVA, WSIB and other pain conditions. Our Practitioner is trained with Integrated approach of spine and other extremity condition. Also trained and certified with Thoracic ring approach and Medical Acupuncture for various condition. Our Therapist is ADP authorizer to perform Wheelchair and walker assessment.
Corona Virus (Covid 19) & Seasonal Flu Update:
We recognize this is a serious situation, but do not want to panic either.
However, pain issues and being too sedentary can actually increase your odds of getting sick, so we will continue to help you in more hygienic, 1-on-1 therapy settings.
All that to say, we are still open and still taking patients while adding these extra cleaning and health protocols:”
• We Focus on 1-on-1 care where hygiene is more controlled.
• We Make sure wiping down all our equipment before and after use. Wipe down the entire machine.
• We have hand sanitizer, mask and tissues stationed around the clinic
• We have masks available for people who want them.
• Also, we follow extra cleaning and health protocols (washing the hand)
• Wear gloves while working with our patients and also while wiping down.
• We follow Active and Passive screening method before booking the appointment.
• Active screening at reception:All patients are screened over the phone before scheduling appointments whenever possible. A patient who screens positive over the phone should be asked to rebook their appointment for when they are no longer symptomatic and/or outside the 14- day period.
• A patient who screens positive over the phone should be advised to call their primary health care provider or telehealth and/or be referred to their local hospital (for more severe illness)
• Passive Screening: Signage are posted at the point of entry to our facility and at reception areas for patients with symptoms to self-identify, perform hand hygiene, wear a procedure/surgical mask, and have access to tissues and a waste receptacle
• Any asymptomatic patient with a travel history to other country in the past 14 days are advised to stay home/self-isolate and contact their local public health unit for further direction on activity restrictions.
• Please postpone if you are feeling unwell, like Fever, and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing.
• We have home Therapy options as well, please call for more information.
Your health and safety is our #1 priority.
We’re committed to:
• Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in high traffic areas regularly.
• Frequent handwashing for employees.
• Following provincial guidelines.
• Offering contactless debit/credit.
Just make an appointment to get help from our experts